Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered for PC is a refreshed version of the action adventure game from 2018. Featuring third person play, you take on the character of web-lord, Spider-Man, dealing with Peter Parker’s personal life as well as battling super-human villain Mister Negative – a villain’s name if there ever was one! – in his bid to take over New York’s underworld.
About the Game
Mister Negative plans to achieve his aims by unleashing a deadly virus on the city – a chilling forecast of Covid-19, perhaps. Spider-Man must jump, run, swing and use his webs to navigate the Manhattan borough in the fictionalised NYC, aiming webs precisely to achieve your goals. When Spidey is in too much of a hurry to swing, you can use fast travel by hopping on the subway.
The physics engine is great, allowing you to jump, swing, run and generally navigate around with a realistic, if somewhat superhuman – jumping higher, landing lighter etc – environment to play through. Popular already, the new game is still a solid play now improved and with four levels of difficulty to try out: Friendly, Amazing, Spectacular and the latterly introduced Ultimate corresponding to easy, medium, hard and challenging, respectively.
There is also a new mode: ‘New Game Plus,’ mode which allows you to start the game from scratch, but with all the suits and gadgets already unlocked so you can play more freely using all the gadgets and gizmos that you shouldn’t really have access to in the early stages.
The Nitty Gritty
The game has a lovely open world feel, with Spider-Man able to freely explore the city. He can also accept side quests, interact with NPCs, complete missions and earn tokens, which are the in-game currency which allows you to buy goodies, and unlock new suits and useful gadgets (such as electric webbing, impact webbing which pushes enemies away and makes them stick to whatever they bump into, concussive blast).
As you play along and progress through the game’s story arc, there are also collectibles to snatch up and additional content to unlock. As might be expected from a Spider-Man game, combat mainly involves web-slinging, using the environment to your best advantage and chaining attacks together to befuddle enemies rather than take them down in face-to-face combat.
What Do You Get with the Remastered Edition?
The remastered game comes with many improvements, which include:
- You get the original game, of course, but with all the latest graphics and physics engine improvements of the last four years
- You get all the free DLC that was released after the game’s release
- You get all the previously paid for DLC, mainly the three episodes of The City Never Sleeps
- Three new spidey suits to try out: one from The Amazing Spider-Man film of 2012, plus two made by the game’s developers, namely The Arachnid Rider suit and the Armoured Advance suit
- There are plenty of new trophies to win
- Extras in photo mode
- Two new suits from the 2021 Spider-Man: No Way Home movie
- Subtle adjustments have been made to Spider-Man’s face, making him more responsive and expressive, thanks to mo-cap advances
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered for PC is available for purchase on Pcgameskey for a fraction of its retail price. You will receive an official key and be able to play the game in seconds.