Resident Evil Village for PC is a survival horror game. This incarnation is the tenth main release in the franchise and amazingly, the 26th including all the spin-offs and remakes, making Resident Evil one of the most prolific games out there! Resident Evil Village is sometimes called Resident Evil 8: Village, and the developers have spotted that they can create a hidden puzzle within the title, which is rendered with roman numerals for eight VIII instead of the Vill of Villagers. As in V I I.I. AGE. Clever!
About the Game
The game is first-person game, that allows for six-player online multi-play when preferred. The game is set a few years after the previous game, Resident Evil Seven, and Ethan Winters is once again the protagonist along with his wife, Mia, also from RE7 (see the list of important characters, below, for more).
Ethan’s inventory items are kept in a virtual ‘briefcase’ which he keeps with himself at all times, paying periodic visits to a vendor called Duke who sells weapons and healing items. This version of the game places a greater focus on exploration and combat than the other versions of the game, but the underlying story is both fascinating and compelling (and scary too, in places!).
VIII is a bit more open world than its predecessor, so you can explore and stretch your character more than was permitted in the strictly linear progress of the previous game.
Ethan is surprised when Chris suddenly visits and disrupts his peaceful life. Events play out in such a way that Ethan has no choice but to chase after Chris in search of answers. Ethan tracks Chris to a remote village – that of the title of the game, obviously – and realises that things are not all they seem…
The nearby castle is home to a nearly three metre tall vampire woman, with a nest of hungry daughters, while spooky… things, let us call them, flicker at the edge of Ethan’s vision, darting out of sight when he tries to catch a proper look at them. Throw enormous blue werewolves into the mix, and you would think that Ethan’s hands are full enough – but there are more shocks to come!
RE: Verse Bonus
Free to all Resident Evil Village owners, is access to Resident Evil RE: Verse, the online game. This game incorporates all the fan favourite characters and locations from the whole franchise, and don’t worry if you get killed. In a fun twist, if you die in RE: Verse, you instantly respawn as a bioweapon, so you can get beautiful karmic revenge on whoever killed you!
Aside from coming with VIII there is no real connection between the two, certainly not as far as storyline goes.
- Ethan Winter – the protagonist of the game, he has survived RE7 and settled down to a comfortable married life until events force him up and about
- Mia Winters – one of the main protagonists of RE7, alongside her now-husband Ethan, with whom she is expecting a baby
- Chris Redfield – a shock blast from the past, Chris pops up and violently disrupts Ethan’s contented life. What does he really want, though?
- Alcina Dimitrescu – a cheerful and beautiful vampire, Alcina puts Hagrid to shame, standing a hefty 9-foot 6 tall. That’s scrape-the-ceiling tall and duck-through-every-doorway tall
- Alcina’s Daughters – not quite as tall as their Mama, these ladies are somewhat lacking in the beauty department too!
- Werewolves – where did these ferocious howling creatures come from? Who controls them?
Resident Evil Village for PC is available for purchase on Pcgameskey for a fraction of its retail price. You will receive an official key and be able to play the game in seconds.